Bernalillo County Extension Master Composters
The following publications provide useful information about composting.
- Bokashi Composting, by Adam Footer, 2014, ISBN: 978-0-86571-752-7.
- Building Soil, by Elizabeth Murphy, 2015, ISBN: 978-1-59186-619-0.
- The Complete Compost Gardening Guide, by B. Pleasant and D. Martin, 2008, ISBN: 978-1-58017-702-3.
- Compost, Vermicompost and Compost Tea, by Grace Gershuny, 2011, ISBN: 978-1-60358-347-3.
- The Composting Troubleshooter, by Jane G. Page, 2015, ISBN: 978-0993201707
- Dirt, The Erosion of Civilization, by David R. Montgomery, ISBN: 978-0-520-25806-8.
- Down to Earth, A Gardener's Guide to the Albuquerque Area, by Albuquerque Area Extension Master Gardeners, 2018, ISBN: 978-0-9700804-5-5.
- Ecology for Gardeners, by S. B. Carroll and S. D. Salt, ISBN: 0-88192-611-6.
- How Soils Work, by Paul Syltie, 2002, ISBN: 1-591600-95-2.
- The Humanure Handbook, 3rd edition, by Joseph Jenkins, ISBN: 978-0-9644258-3-5.
- The Humanure Handbook, revised 4th edition, by Joseph Jenkins, ISBN -13: 978-0-9644258-8-0. (Note, both 3rd and 4th editions are worth a look. They are somewhat different.)
- The Informed Gardener Blooms Again, by Linda Chalker-Scott, 2010, ISBN: 978-0-295-99001-9.
- Let it Rot, The Gardener's Guide to Composting, by Stu Campbell,1998, ISBN: 13:978-1-58017-023-9.
- Life in the Soil, A Guide for Naturalists and Gardeners, by James Nardi, ISBN: 13:978-0-226-56852-2.
- Mycelium Running, How Mushrooms Can Help Save the World, by Paul Stamets, ISBN: 978-1-58008-579-3.
- Mycorrhizal Planet,by Michael Phillips, 2017, ISBN: 9781603586580.
- Natural Way of Farming, by Masanobu Fukuoka, 1985, IBSN-13: 978-818-598-7002.
- On-Farm Composting Handbook, by NRAES, 1992, ISBN: 0-935817-19-0.
- Organic Management for the Professional, by Garrett, Ferguson and Amaranthus, 2012, ISBN: 978-0-292-72921-6.
- The Rodale Book of Composting: Easy Methods for Every Gardener, by Grace Gershuny, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-63565-102-7.
- Secrets to Great Soil, A Gardeners Guide to Composting, Mulching and Creating Healthy Fertile Soil, by Elizabeth Stell, 1998, ISBN: 1-58017-008-0.
- A Soil Owner's Manual: How to Restore and Maintain Soil Health, by Jon Stika, 2016, ISBN-10: 1530431263.
- The Soul of the Soil, 4th edition 1999, by Grace Gershuny and Joseph Smillie, ISBN: 1-890132-31-4.
- Teaming with Fungi, by Jeff Lowenfels, 2017, ISBN: 9781604697292.
- Teaming with Microbes, A Gardeners Guide to the Soil Food Web, revised February 2010, by Jeff Lowenfels and W. Lewis, ISBN-13: 978-1604691139.
- Teaming with Nutrients, by Jeff Lowenfels, 2013, ISBN: 978-1-60469-314-0.
- The Worm Book, by Loren Nancarrow and Janet Hogan Taylor, 1998, ISBN-13: 978-0-89815-994-3.
- Worms Eat My Garbage, by Appelhof and Olszewski, 2017, ISBN: 9781612129471.
- The Worm Farmer's Handbook: Mid- to Large-Scale Vermicomposting for Farms, Businesses, Municipalities, Schools, and Institutions, 2018, by Rhonda Sherman, ISBN: 9781603587792.
The local library has books on composting, vermiculture and soils. To search the catalog visit Albuquerque / Bernalillo County Library System.
- Dirt! The Movie . Well, this is for viewing, not reading, but it's a must-see, great resource. Here is a link to the film. Here is more about the film.
Handouts and Flyers
- BioCycle, a monthly magazine advancing composting, organics recycling and renewable energy, published by the JG Press
- The Indore Method of Composting: Foundation of Modern Organic Agriculture, by Anneliese Abbott, in Acres U.S.A. 49, no.1 (January 2019): 38-42.